About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The sweet with the sour

The sun is out.
Today is my last day of work for the week.
Today is Ed's last day of work for the week.
It's supposed to be sunny and warm ALL WEEKEND.
I'm almost finished with my book and have another one waiting to be picked up at the library.
I have enough money in my checking account to buy a helmet so I can finally start biking to work.

...

Gus may be sick, again.
I have to start looking for jobs, though my funemployment hasn't even started yet.
I have many days off but started my no-spend week, which means no Bearclaw Frozen Skim Chai Lattes.
We "lost" our "good" cable channels (Comcast, we're on to you.  Yes, we were stealing them, but only because they were basically just GIVING them to us!)  (Also, this may be on the positive side, as I discovered the entire first and second season of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is available on Instantly Watch.)

...

Without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment