About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Monday, May 2, 2011

On good days

Today I'm having a really terrific day.  Here is a list of reasons why:

1. I was notified that I've been awarded a $1000 scholarship from the Texas Library Association.
2. At work, I helped a young man research requirements for a hardship driver's license.  When we finished, he looked me straight in the eye and said, "You've been very helpful."
3. It was cold and rainy and I got to wear my most favorite outfit in the whole world: dress, cardigan, boots.  If I lived in a climate that was consistently 65 degrees and drizzling, I would wear this every single day of my life.
And then, of course, I woke up this morning to hear the news about the thing that happened. I have some opinions about it, which I won't share here because it isn't the appropriate venue, but mostly I don't know what yet to say.  A victory against terrorism and domination and coercion worldwide?  Yes, absolutely.  Something to literally celebrate?  The jury's still out.

As far as days go, I'd call it a good one.

Dress: UO
Belt: thrifted
Cardigan: F21
Boots: via DSW
Smirk: public libraries, FTW!

2 comments:

  1. Cheers to you on all counts! What an amazing accomplishment, great and genuine service to others, and precious outfit. I have that exact same dress, but you wear it much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I own those boots and I love them. Bandolino right? Anyway love the outfit and congrats on your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete