I had been leaning towards Austin if for no other reason than a change of pace. Chapel Hill seems too much like Ann Arbor and there's not much in the way of employment for Ed in the Seattle area. I guess Ed had been leaning towards Austin too because when I told him of my UT acceptance, he says "So we're moving to Austin?!" and he just looked so cute and excited that I had to agree.
So now I have about one million things I need to do before August 1st, including, but certainly not limited to:
- Find a place to live (I think I'm going to convince my parents to move to Austin. I know there's nothing that would bring my conservative father more joy than housing his adult daughter and her boyfriend [read: I'm living in sin].)
- Find a job
- Be supportive while Ed finds a job
- Save money for moving expenses (which, for the record, are OUTRAGEOUS! I got a quote from U-Haul that moving all our stuff would be EIGHTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS. You read that right, folks.) (Also, this is impossible with a puppy with no immune system who loves catching pneumonia more than chasing squirrels.)
- Schedule a visit to Austin to tour campus and get reacquainted with the city
- Make friends/reconnect with friends in Austin so that when we get there we're not terribly lonely and miserable.
- Not panic about aforementioned to-do list.
On top of all this excitement, Jamaica is in less than 2 weeks and this cold that I've been brewing and had convinced me wasn't going to boil over until I touched down in Montego Bay has hit! I'm sick and I couldn't be happier.