About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I obviously have too much time on my hands

Ed doesn't read this blog so I think this is a safe space to make a confession: I seriously CANNOT stay away from wedding blogs.  There are so many!  And they all look so cute and easy and lovely!  I used to think that the reason our divorce rate is so high is because women are programmed to value the wedding more than the marriage.  I still think so, for the most part.  But look at me, I want to be pretty and have a big party and get one million gifts! (If I were really feeling vulnerable, I might confess that it's possible I've scoped out some dresses on J.Crew.  IF.)

(We need a blender, new towels, a slow-cooker, nicer bedding, new dishes and silverware, a Wii, and we each have an extensive Amazon wish-list.  You know, if you want to buy something preemptively.)

(I should also mention, MOM, that Ed and I are not engaged.  Not even close.  He told me that he wanted to wait until I at least get out of grad school, which makes sense because we might be more settled both career-wise and financially then.  Also, I think he needs some time to cool down from overseeing me on that J.Crew website.  I'm not sure he believes that white maxi dresses are "just in this summer".)

No comments:

Post a Comment