About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day late, dollar short

Yesterday This week has been rough.  Between a minor family emergency, finals, not getting the job I was really hoping to get and just general holiday anxieties, it took me a long, long time to get out of bed yesterday.  I don't talk about it much, but I've been working through anxiety and depression for most of my life and when it rains, well, it pours.

I was feeling ugly and useless and wanted to quit the challenge.  I hated all of my clothes and knew that I wouldn't feel good in anything I put on.  Nevertheless, my endlessly patient and supportive boyfriend gave me the kick in the butt I needed.  I got dressed, we went on a walk, and had ourselves a date.
I promise I'm feeling good in this picture! It was late, a long day, and taking the picture was an afterthought.

 

This is basically my uniform: a dress and a vest (or cardigan).  Easy and put together.  The best idea when you're feeling uncreative.  And no! Your eyes aren't fooling you.  Despite a week of temperatures in the 40s, yesterday was warm enough to go bare-legged here in Central Texas, even at 11pm, when we got home from our date.

I missed a day of posting, but I'll get around to it.  All of my final papers are due on Monday, so on Tuesday I'll be an uberproductive posting machine.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment