About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Time flies

Oh lordy, there is something about having nothing to do that makes a girl busy.  Once finals were said and done, there was quite an upswing in social events.  So I haven't been on the ole Internet in a while. 

Ok, 30 for 30 recap.  First, let me say that I had fun.  I was so much more creative than I normally am; too often I go for tried and true outfits and don't really challenge myself or push the boundaries of my closet and this was a good excuse to go for something new.  This was undoubtebly the biggest lesson I learned: I am creative and dressing can be fun, if you just put a little extra thought into it.

More lessons: its ok to not love every outfit every day; people really don't notice if you wear the same 30 things all month long; nothing freshens up an outfit like a belt or vest; and, as with most things in life, less can definitely be more.  Also, I'm not cut out to be a style blogger.  Some days this felt like a chore.  I'm still deciding what I want to do with this blog from here on out and welcome any suggestions.

The whole "no shopping" provision of the exercise was no trouble at all.  While I do enjoy thrift shopping, this time of year affords no expendable income, so I probably wouldn't have done any shopping anyway.  In fact, 5 days later, I still haven't stepped foot into Savers.

In sum, I kind of want to do a 30 for 30 all the time, I most certainly want to keep up with picture posts, though not exclusively of me doing goofy poses, and I (and my closet) am more creative than I thought.

An excellent way to start winter break.

2 comments:

  1. You are right - no one notices the repeats!
    I don't mind the no shopping rules, either - I guess because I don't shop much.
    I would like to do the 30 for 30 all the time, too.
    I'm glad you enjoyed the challenge.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to keep doing the 30 in the future (all the time) also. I know it's a chore to post pics, but do it! Because I love getting ideas from you! :)

    Looking forward to reading whatever direction you decide to take with your blog!

    Better Than a Milk Mustache

    ReplyDelete