About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring

Whew, spring break is over!

I don't really mean to be excited about that--I spent my days reading and napping.  I finished a nonfiction book, The Omnivore's Dilemma, and a large graphic novel, Y: The Last Man.  Both were excellent.

Rather, I'm excited that stupid South by Southwest is over.  I know that makes me uncool.  But I hate crowds and traffic and youngsters.  Yes I am 24 going on 50.

Anyway, I know that spring has just hit most of the country, but it's been spring here in central Texas for at least all of March.  I can prove it:

Those are bare arms and legs, people. BARE ARMS.  I know I'm getting ahead of myself, what with wearing summery clothing in March.  What the hell am I going to do come July?  But its hard to resist baring some skin when the weather is just so nice.  So, my non-Texas friends, be jealous.  But only for a bit, the 90-degree days are just around the corner.

Oh yeah, are we friends on Twitter?  We ought to be, you know.

Tank and shoes: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: second hand via Elaine
Belt: thrifted
Front bangs: wonderful people at Birds Barbershop

1 comment:

  1. I love this outfit! And I agree with SXSW. We never do Mardi Gras in NOLA because of the crowds...mostly the young, drunk, college tourists.

    ReplyDelete