About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Documentaries

Lately I've been watching a lot of documentaries, which isn't good for someone like me.  I'm a worrier, you see.  And worriers do one thing, all the time: worry.  The environment, the economic climate, the hungry, libraries, art, education, EVERYTHING MAKES ME WORRY.

One of the tendencies of worriers is to really enjoy the worrying; to really ride it at full speed.  Thus,  I don't choose movies about babies, or smart animals, or sexy times.  No, no, I watch those about predatory credit lenders and the collapse of Western civilization.

All of this is to say I chose this outfit after a long night of depressing documentaries about how we're all screwed, SCREWED!  It's astute and thoughtful.  And one day when I can make sense of it all I might just write an intelligent post about my conspiracy theories and worries about predictions for the future.


The vest and ruffles really say, "I'm the kinda lady that watches documentaries." No?

Shirt: H&M
Skirt: Gap, thrifted
Vest: thrifted
Shoes: Steve Madden
Business-Casual: why, the documentaries, of course!

1 comment:

  1. Documentaries totally make me feel justified in my constant worrying. This concept (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depressive_realism) has a similar effect, haha.

    Also, you might be happy to know that I wore a skirt outside WITHOUT TIGHTS for the first time yesterday!

    ReplyDelete