About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I make the best pen-pal

This is a real life verbatim email I sent to one of my dearest friends this morning, which pretty much sums up everything on my mind:


hi friend!!
 
tomorrow is my ischool orientation and i'm so excited! only i can't decide what i want to wear. it needs to say "i'm serious" and "i'm fun!" and "i have a good sense of style" and "it's 100 degrees outside" all at once. i want to wear my glasses because they're cute and nerdy, but they have a terrible habit of falling off my face during times of excessive heat (read: all the time).  also: i have to spend all night putting together approximately a half dozen different schedules so i can be prepared when i meet my advisor. do you think that's too many? 
 
you are the only one who can understand my mixed feelings!  i miss you, i wish we could drink beers on my couch.
-rebecca

Needless to say, she replied with enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment