About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The final cut

I spent all day thinking about different combinations and swapping things out.  It was surprisingly easy to choose my 30 pieces, mostly because I don't have a ton of clothes to begin with.  The hardest part was narrowing down my cardigans--as someone who spent the last 5 years with snow and is trying to build a stereotypical librarian wardrobe, I have a lot of sweaters. 

A whopping TEN tops:
Left to right: Plaid button down-via Savers; floral blouse-Petite Sophisticate, via Ann Arbor Thrift; chambray blouse-Brooks Brothers (!) via Savers; white ruffle blouse-H&M; white short sleeved sweater-via Mel; black and white striped blouse- H&M via Ann Arbor thrift; striped button down-Fossil; horizontal gray and white striped-UO; yellow blouse-Target; black and white print-LOFT via Kjrsten
 3 dresses:
Blue and white striped-Old Navy; black ruffle-Gap Outlet; Navy-F21 via Ann Arbor Thrift
4 sweaters/jackets:
Black blazer-via Savers; blue and black striped cardigan-Express; brown cardigan-H&M; black cardigan-F21
5 skirts:
Black-Old Navy via Elaine; burnt orange triangles-Tulle via ShopRuche; gray tulip-UO; burgundy cord-Gap via Ann Arbor Thrift; navy linen-Gap via Ann Arbor Thrift
3 pants:
Black cords-UO; navy pinstripe-Gap via Savers; denim skinnies-Old Navy

And finally, 5 shoes:
Black boots- via DSW; brown boots-via DSW; red TOMS; hounds tooth flats-UO; brown oxfords-Target

There's the 30!  I have a slight confession; in Kendi's challenge, we are only supposed to use belts, jewelry, tights, or hats to accessorize.  While I have loads of tights, I have only a handful of belts, no hats, and virtually no jewelry.  Instead, I have vests. Lots and lots of vests (ok, five).  While I'm sure it's technically cheating, I will be using vests to remix and not counting them in my 30.  It's my challenge and I can cheat if I want to.

I apologize for the terrible quality (these pictures taken on my bathroom floor?! NEVER!)  I am a complete novice at using a digital camera and editing software (Hello, 2010, nice to meet you!).  Fortunately, my daily outfit pics will be taken by my talented and very handsome boyfriend.


I'm off to write about how to develop evaluation criteria for a general use thesaurus for a special collection.  See, I'm practicing the librarian stuff already.

5 comments:

  1. It looks like a good selection to me,you've got lots of choices.I'm taking the challenge too and it was easy to pick the items cause I don't own a tone of clothes.Happy remixing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello fellow 30 for 30 remixer! good luck, i look forward to following your mixes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your choices. Your "librarian" style will be fun to watch. I am going for a similar one - "teacher" style. Let's promise not to wear teddy bear ABC sweatshirts, k? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all of your pieces- such pretty fall colors! can't wait to see the remixing of the orange triangles skirt! I'm following and found you via Kendi's remixers list! :)

    <3 Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love cardigans too, so i definitely feel your pain. good luck with the challenge!

    kendra
    http://closetconfections.com

    ReplyDelete