About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Egg on my face

Remember that whole "ha ha ha, 70 degree days, ha ha ha, no snow" thing I had going on over the weekend?

Yeah, about that.  While Austin hasn't been hit with snow, shit's been cold.  Real cold, too, not Texas cold.  When I leave in the morning it's in the teens and it probably only warms up a few degrees over the day.  And Texas is windy, y'all.

This is not what I've been wearing.  No no, I wore this a week ago or so when the temperature dropped to "chilly."  I didn't wear a jacket.  This is as warm as I thought I'd ever need to be.
 I usually wear these pants with skimmers or ballet flats.  But no, this day I had to wear boots!  How chilly it must've been!
 And a scarf!  Oh man, I probably had goose bumps all day.
My side glance is my way of telling Ed "let's hurry up, the wind is mildly uncomfortable."

How foolish I was!  Anyway, I haven't been able to look very cute except one day this week when I said "screw it" and wore tights.  'Twas a mistake.  I had to take that picture indoors and because my lighting is so terrible, I need to edit it more than I usually do.  So you get these back-up pictures instead.

Hope everyone is staying warm (and how in the hell do you all manage to be so cute?!)

Sweater: Urban Outfitters
Pants: Gap, thrifted
Boots: Aldo
Scarf: boutique in Ann Arbor
Beautiful, mild winter day: c/o Austin, TX

1 comment: