About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Casual Wednesday

You may not know this, but the state of Texas celebrates Confederate Heroes' Day.  This is an absurd holiday (some years it actually falls ON MLK day!), but nevertheless, working for the state afforded me the day off.

I spent the day casually, of course.  I went to campus to do some work and eat lunch with a friend.  I wanted to wear something comfortable (when don't I?) and I absolutely love this shirt, its one of those shirts I've had in my closet forever, but its so damn casual I can't ever wear it to work.  Hello, casual Wednesday.


Shirt: Urban Outfitters
Undershirt: Gap
Cords: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Urban Outfitters (I mean, are they paying me here or WHAT?)
Casualness: c/o Confederate Heroes

2 comments:

  1. MLK Day is also an Arkansas state holiday: Robert E. Lee birthday observance. I'm not joking. It is always observed the same Monday as MLK.

    I love that top! So flowy and....casual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO way! There's a Confederate Heroes Day? I'd never heard of that before... though, I would jump at any opportunity for a day off of work. :) We didn't even get MLK day off this year!

    Love that top - so pretty and peasant-y. Is that even a term anymore? I love peasant tops, but I haven't really heard anyone call them that in awhile.

    Better Than A Milk Mustache

    ReplyDelete