About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Rebecca is sick and probably hates you.

I woke up this morning with a sore throat, monster headache, and a terribly foul mood.  Not totally atypical for a Monday morning, so I rolled with it.  On days that I hate everything, I have to force myself to get dressed up and pretend like everything is ok.

Not bad, right?

This is how I was actually feeling.



All day long I lived by the ole AA motto "Fake it till you make it."  That hacking and wheezing?  It's just allergies!  The mucus-y voice and watery eyes? I feel fine!  By 3pm, though,  I felt like poop and couldn't keep my eyes open so I took the rest of the day off.  I came home, made myself some tea, changed into pajamas and napped with my puppy.

I love sick days.

Dress: Pac Sun, circa 2004
Tights: TJ Maxx
Cardigan: F21
Boots: via DSW
Belt: H&M

2 comments:

  1. I had three sick days last week! It sucks. And, I do the same thing: fake it til I make it. I kept telling Mike, "I'm just allergic to pollen, even though the leaves are off the trees; I think the traveling made me sick; We just need to vacuum the house really good."

    Then, I got a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this outfit! And to think you were sick?!?! Way to not dress like it! I wear comfies when I'm ill.....I should change that. :)

    http://betterthanamilkmustache.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete