About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend wear

I don't usually post on the weekends because I usually just wear pajamas, but I had a fairly productive weekend, a weekend that required clothes.

Ok, it didn't require clothes, but I did do a lot of homework and apartment cleaning and errands.  And if I don't put on real clothes, I sit in my pajamas on the couch watching Weeds or the L Word for like the 15th time.

Friday: Casual work day.
This is one of my favorite shirts of all time.  I got it around 2006 at a thrift store near Bethesda, MD.  It was my first-ever real thrift excursion (I used to get t-shirts and costumer pieces all the time at Salvation Army; this was the first time I went looking for good-quality, everyday pieces) and I'd say it was a success.

Immediately after taking these photos, I changed clothes and Ed and I went hiking in Austin's Greenbelt.  It was 75 degrees.  In January.

Shirt: French Connection, thrifted
Jeans: Old Navy
(Overworn) Undershirt: Gap
Shoes: Target

Sundays I volunteer at our local library-bookstore (it's a bookstore owned by the library that sells overstock and whatnot).  I'm on my feet for 3 hours and it's always overly-chilly; comfort is key (and when isn't it, really?).
Ed calls this sweater my "In the Ready Room, drinking Earl Grey" sweater.  He promises me no one will get that.  To help, it's a Star Trek reference.  Love is never having to say "you're nerdy."
Again, don't let these pictures fool you.  Its another 75-degree sunny day in central Texas.

Sweater and Jeans: Gap
Shirt: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Vans, via the Vans Outlet in Round Rock

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with cuffed jeans right now so I am loving these looks!

    ReplyDelete