About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First day

Today was the first day of classes for this semester.  I don't know if y'all know how big of a nerd I am, but I am a nerd.  A big one.  I LOVE the first day of classes!  It starts out so hopeful, you know. 

At the University of Texas School of Information, all the graduate courses meet once a week for 3 hours.  Thus, I only had one class today: Designing Dynamic Webpages.  Y'all, I'm terrified of this class.  I have no experience, NONE AT ALL, in web design or even basic programming languages.  But you know what?  It's going to be a ton of work, but I will get through it.  I haven't put myself outside of my comfort zone, like, ever, so now's a good time to start.  And web design is totally useful.  And I will succeed.  And I will be ok with not making an A.  (These are my mantras for the next 12 weeks.)

Anyway, what better way to say "I'm capable!" than a sweater vest?

If you answered "There's no better way too look both capable and adorable!" then you are correct.  You get an A (minus.  I grade on a curve.)

Striped top: Urban Outfitters
Sweater vest: Small boutique in Ann Arbor
Skirt: Gap, thrifted
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Tights: TJ Maxx
Go-getter attitude: First day of classes geekiness

2 comments:

  1. I hope your first day went as great (and adorable) as you look! I love that sweater vest.

    Don't fret web design. That was my last class I took because I was horrified, but I got an A. And, it was a required class, so I needed at least a B!! If I can do it, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE outfit! I totally know what you mean about first day of school hopefulness. Good luck this semester! :)

    Better Than A Milk Mustache

    ReplyDelete