About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Nobody understands me!

The lovely Angela tagged me in another "About Me" type-a thing because she reads this blog and thinks I'm cute.  I think you're cute, too, Angela!  We "met" during the 30-for-30 and she has an impeccable style.  Also, she is a school teacher and is getting married soon.  Congrats to you, Angela!

Anyway, I did the "7 Things: High School" thing wherein I let you into my somewhat sordid adolescence.  Today, I'll keep it PG and give you 7 things you may not know about me:

1. I used to play saxophone and I was good.  Really!  In 7th grade I sat 2nd chair in the 8th grade band.  I also made All-Regional band once.  I went to band camp.  I was kind of a big deal.

2. In college I took Hebrew as my foreign language.  In hindsight it doesn't make much sense to learn a language that only about 6 million people speak, all of whom also speak English.  Today, I can say "Where is the bathroom?" and the all important "I don't speak Hebrew."

3. Twice in my life I have been vegetarian.  Once, for a few months in the 5th grade, and again for two years in college.  I don't think I'll ever go back.

4. I was a Women's Studies major in college.  I'm not sure what else to say about that except I'm one of those "no-fun" people at parties who will call people out for making rape jokes or being totally racist.

5.  I've lived in seven different states, five of which were when I was a kid.  My dad was in the military.  I have an urge to move every few years just to keep things interesting (hence the blog name).

6. I am completely and totally afraid of flying.  The first time I was on a plane was when I was 6 weeks old.  I've traveled a lot and am on planes several times a year.  In fact, my father is a pilot.  Huge panic attack every time.  Everyone loves sitting next to me!

7. I absolutely hate when people sing "Happy Birthday."  To me, to anyone else, it's totally uncomfortable.  Just standing around listening to people sing?  Watching someone BEING SUNG TO?  No, just no.

Thanks, Angela, it was fun!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I TOTALLY agree with you - Happy Birthday makes me SUPER uncomfortable, whether it's being sung to me, by me or around me. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay nice seven! I played clarinet and I was good. We could have totally jammed in the woodwinds section! ;) Completely agree with #7. I even blushed when my little students sang. And #3... how come you won't go back?

    Better Than A Milk Mustache

    ReplyDelete