About Me

Musings of a hopeful wanderer.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The year in pictures

'Tis the season for reflecting and refocusing.  2010 had its ups and downs, as every year since does.  Mostly downs, but they've left me refreshed and closer to my little family of 3 than I could've imagined.  As I've stated, I'm not good about taking pictures, but here's what I got.

Although we officially welcomed Gus into the clan in 2009, it wasn't until 2010 that he really started to feel like ours.

Ed lost his job in 2010; I had a job I hated.  We fought, we were broke, we didn't think we'd make it out alive.  But we did and we're stronger and we're better partners and communicators because of it.  And right when we thought we were going to explode, we took a trip to Jamaica to see two of our closest friends get married.  (Don't worry, the trip was paid for BEFORE the unemployment.)

Because of the whole no-job/hating-job situation, it wasn't a hard decision to apply to Information Science programs, or to take the plunge to move from Ann Arbor, MI to Austin, TX.  I am now, for the second time in my life, a Texan.
In 2010 I went from unhappy and uneagerly employed to a student and excited to begin a new career path.  As a bonus, I, of course, began this blogging adventure, which I'm excited to see grow in 2011.
I have some resolutions, of course.  But those are for another day.  Today I'm remembering.

1 comment:

  1. What a big year of changes. But it sounds like it all worked out in the end. And now you get to be in Austin. As much as I was ready to leave Austin, I find myself missing it now that I have been gone for a few years.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete